“This city just showed you that it’s full of people ready to believe in good.”
As we approach Batman Day on September 18th, we find no better salute to the Caped Crusader than to serve up a cocktail honoring the city they call home. My love for Batman began with the Tim Burton classic film Batman and was solidified with Batman: The Animated Series. Multiple sessions of the Arkham trilogy later, and we find ourselves here, celebrating one of DC Comics’ legendary characters. The cocktail itself is similar in blueprint to a Manhattan, akin to the fictional city of Gotham being a modified combination of NYC and Chicago, but the differences at the end are what make it unique. Now, sit back in your worn leather chair and let Alfred bring you a Gotham, try to savor it as the BatSignal shines in the distance.
Whiskey, Rye, or Bourbon
Bitters (Orange preferred)
Ten ounce highball glass
Measured Shot Glass
- Pour Ice into a Shaker and set aside.
- Pour 2 shots of Rye into shaker.
- Pour ½ shot Dry Vermouth into shaker.
- Pour ½ shot of Sweet Vermouth into Shaker
- Pour 2 dashes of bitters into Shaker
- Stir all the ingredients in the shaker for 10 seconds.
- Strain ingredients into chilled highball glass.